The aim of this project is to provide a way for users to view / manage
their photos and albums on a map. I decided to create it while
traveling in my home country (Romania).
The project development
started using Django
but has been recently ported to Tornado.
Functions (check screenshots below)
- show all geo-tagged photos from the database on the map
- manually tag photos (drag the un-tagged photos on the map to
update the location)
- support for albums, cameras and tags (to be completed)
- helper scripts: multicore import script (for bulk uploading),
various "fixing" scripts
- position auto-detection algorithms (based on timestamp, uploaded tracks etc.) - to be added
- stats page - to be completed
I will try to get a running version of this software on my home Raspberry PI.
You can view some screenshots of the development version running on my laptop here.
This web application is written in Python and uses the following packages
- install the above packages
- copy the settings file (
cp settings_default.py settings.py)
- edit the settings (mainly
- make sure you have PostgreSQL running and the database is created (you can use the create statements from the
- start the application
python -u photomap.py &>> photomap.log &) or use the provided